Now that the new merchant software pricing packages have been released, you'll see some differences when you log into your Poynt device or Poynt HQ. Note that this is only available for US merchants.
Below are the most commonly asked questions about the pricing package and how it will affect your account.
1. I am an existing merchant; how is my plan determined?
The package you are placed in is based on the features you currently have enabled on Poynt. For example:
- Device Users: if you have 20 device users you would be placed in the Premium plan
- Register/ Catalog: If you have 150 products in your catalogs, you would in the Advanced plan
- Invoicing/ Loyalty: If these features have been requested and enabled for you in the past, then you will be in the Premium plan
2. Can I try out the plans before committing to one?
Yes! Merchants who are slotted in the Basic plan will have 30 days to try either the Advanced or Premium plans for free. At the end of the 30 days, you will be prompted to enter in billing information to continue using the Advanced or Premium features. If you don't enter in your billing info within 6 days of your trial ending, you will be bucketed back into the Basic plan.
NOTE: If you already have a credit card on file for other 3rd party app subscriptions, this credit card will be charged as well for the bundles package.
3. Who do I contact about billing issues for plans? How do I get a refund?
Email email@example.com if you have any questions about billing. Include a copy of the invoice (should have received it via email).
4. How do I upgrade/downgrade my plan? How will my store be affected if I upgrade/downgrade mid billing cycle?
You can manage your plans by logging into Poynt HQ. Click on the Marketplace link (https://poynt.net/app-center) to see the plan you are currently on, compare features across all three plans and upgrade/downgrade accordingly.
If you downgrade or upgrade mid-billing cycle, changes will be effective immediately. You will charged on a pro-rated basis for the days used for both the previous and new plan which was chosen.
5. How will new features be announced?
New features will be announced Merchant Release Newsletter (weekly), pop-up messages on the device and Web HQ.
6. If I’m in the Advanced or Premium tiers, will I automatically get access to all new features?
All new features added to the respective plans will be available to existing subscribers.
7. Can I get access to certain functions without subscribing to a bundle?
You can choose to opt in for certain features on an a la carte basis; however we recommend subscribing to a bundle as that will provide an optimal experience.
Features such as Invoicing and Virtual Terminal are available via the app store. You can download these via Poynt.net (https://poynt.net/app-center), or through the Apps icon on the terminal.
Note: your credit card info must be entered in Poynt HQ before al la carte functions can be turned on.
8. How does this affect the way I contact support?
You may have a support agreement with your Reseller directly. This rollout will not impact that agreement.
In regards to Poynt support, all three tiers provide you with a certain level of access. Email support and Discussion Forums are available across all plans; in the Advanced plan, you can take advantage of chatting with the support team. Premium plan will give you access all channels (email, forums, chat, and phone).
9. What happens to my current fee?
The Basic plan is offered to you at no additional cost to the fee your reseller is currently charging you. The Advanced and Premium plans begin at $14.99 and $39.99 respectively, depending on your business setup.
10. Now that the trial period has ended, will I lose the ability to use my Poynt device?
You will still be able to use the Poynt device after the trial period has ended. If you are on the Advanced or Premium trial, you will be prompted to enter in your credit card in Poynt HQ in order to keep using the features in those tiers. If no credit card has been entered in, you will be placed in the Basic level until a card number has been added.
However, if you already have a credit card on file for subscriptions to other 3rd party apps, this credit card will be charged at the beginning of every month and you will be able to continue using the Advanced/Premium features without any interruptions.
11. Why do I see an extra charge on my credit card?
This charge is likely due to your free trial ending. If the trial ends mid-month, and there is already a credit card on file, it will be charged on a pro-rated basis for the remainder of the billing period.
12. When does the billing period start?
The billing cycle corresponds with the calendar month. The credit card on file will be charged at the beginning of each month. In case you downgrade in the middle of the month, you will be refunded back the remaining amount.
Article is closed for comments.