In an effort to improve your Poynt experience, we've released hundreds of bug fixes this past quarter. We bucketed these fixes in the following areas below. If you do not see a specific about a specific firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reboots & Freezes:
- On Device: When tapping on a specific transaction in the Transactions List, the screen gets stuck
- On Device: Poynt Services Crash when Poynt printer was toggled on and external printer connected
On Device: Poynt services crash randomly occurs when the user selection modal pops up in between processing
- On Device: Some devices on latest build crash after RKI load
- On Device: One of the top crashes - memory allocation problem. Merchant sees a dialog that says unfortunately "Poynt services has crashed"
- App Crash: (PoyntPaymentActivity crashing because PaymentSettings is null). Merchant sees a dialog that says unfortunately "Poynt services has crashed"
- App Crash: (Crash in LoadBusinessByAcquirerAndTidTask). Merchant sees a dialog that says unfortunately "Poynt services has crashed"
- App Crash: App store crash when account page is opened offline
- App Crash: Crash during the Tutorial
- Screen Freeze: Stuck in Waiting for previous transaction to finish when canceling custom payment card
- Screen Freeze: Transactions List getting stuck and screen gets locked
- Reduce the number of Reboots
- PoyntPaymentActivity crashing because PaymentSettings is null
- AppStore Crash - Develop - AppCompatActivity needs a new theme
- App store crashes when account page is opened offline
- Device Crash: internal Android bug that only shows up when the internal memory is corrupted (which occurs when multiple threads allocate memory frequently)
- Reduce shutdowns caused by printer voltage spikes
Printing & Receipts:
- Tax amount not getting printed on receipt
- Tax not showing on receipts & summary for captured transaction
- Tax On Terminal App - Receipts should show the details of the kind of tax applied (e.g. 8.25% or $.10)
- Contactless transactions printing signature line on transactions below CVM
- Customer not given option to choose a receipt after successful authorization
- Signature Line Not Printing after latest software upgrade on P61, P61B and P5
- AVS response on the receipt printed "Unsupported Y"
- Ivu-loto: Email receipts show State and Municipal Tax instead of updated Tax names.
- Ivu-loto: Tax label not get updated in receipt.
State and Municipal tax strings are incorrect on the receipt for PUERTO RICO TEST merchant
- IVU Loto Tax Receipt Format Issue
- Ivu-loto : Tax not shown in printed receipts for manual entry transactions
- IVU-LOTO: Control ID missing from paper receipt(P61 and P61B specific)
- IVU Force Transactions not Printing the Control#
- IVU LOTO: The custom fields should get printed on receipt only if it present in both receiptProcessorOptions and processorOptions
- Cellular Enabled Terminals Losing APN Configuration. 4G terminals (beginning with the serial number P61B) lose their APN configuration.
- Maintenance Window Being Triggered Outside of Maintenance Window Time: Previously when merchants powered off terminals during the regularly scheduled maintenance window, our system would trigger the maintenance window as soon as the terminal re-connected to the internet. Often this occurred during business hours and was an inconvenience to merchants; therefore we’ve blocked any maintenance window triggers that occur outside of the regularly scheduled time.
Debit Error: Fixed an issue where DEBIT transactions declines with error "Debit Refunds must include pin". This is a result of AID AutoSelection for NON-REF REFUNDS.
Debit Optimization (in US): Fixed an issue when merchants press "Cancel" on the pin screen during a debit sale and the terminal does not switch to credit.
Manual Entry Transactions Keypad: For manual entry transactions, we were only exposing a numeric keypad for street validation. We now expose an alphanumeric keypad for the street field and numeric keypad for zip code.
- Manual Entry DCC (Dynamic Currency Conversion) transactions: Previously if a card was not eligible for DCC we used to automatically reject the card; now we allow the transaction to go through as a regular transaction
- Terminal App: Fixed an issue where although a merchant completes a transaction in the Terminal App, the previous sale amount still shows next to Charge
- Cash Transactions: Fixed an issue where merchants were unable to do cash transactions when the device was not connected to internet
- Partial Refund: Fixed issue where merchants encountered an error when attempting to process a partial refund on the web portal
- Card Reader Issue: Previously if a terminal was disconnected from the internet, and an authorization was cancelled multiple times in a row, the card reader would hang or get stuck without displaying any errors on the screen
- Card Reader Issue: Fixed an issue where some merchants experienced an unresponsive card reader for a long period of time. Merchants would previously have to reboot to get the card reader to be responsive again
- Merchants are able to create invoices in Poynt HQ even though the feature is toggled OFF for their account
- When a merchant attempted to process a partial refund on the web portal, they were encountering an error
- Manual Entry: When merchants do a manual entry transaction and selects $0 tip, on the display afterwards it shows (amount + tip) which concatenates as a string (i.e 30 + 0 = 300 not 30)
- When performing a reversal on Interac transactions "REC NOT FOUND" error occurs.
- In a reversal transaction for Interac, incorrect transaction codes are being sent
- Debit voids are failing with Mac Key Sync error in CI environment on non safe-t terminals.
- One merchant's contact Interac transactions were automatically reversing with "Record Not Found"
- P5s on Host capture, contact Interac refunds are returning "Invalid card"
- For three merchants on the direct Chase integration, the NFC-CL toggle was not updating.
- One merchant's EMV configs keeps changing to DEFAULT
- One merchant's keyed-in transaction showed AVS response on the receipt as "Unsupported Y". The "Unsupported" needs to be removed
- Several acquirers require the transaction reversal to be processed before processing the next transaction. So if a transaction takes longer than 15 secs and a merchant cancels the transaction and attempts another transaction immediately while the previous one is still pending (to be reversed) - result is causes a sequencing issue
- One merchant's EBT "FS" option missing even though EBT is Turned on and account properly on boarded
- Voids are not sending whole information to host
- TSYS merchant's refund transactions are not being processed even though they are marked as settled
- For manual entry transactions, we were only exposing a numeric keypad for street validation. We now expose an alphanumeric keypad for the street field and numeric keypad for zip code
- During previous release, card reader power management timeouts were extended to 5 mins. Honoring request to reduce it back to 3 seconds for US merchants
- A reversal is triggered with CHIP_DECLINE_AFTER_HOST_APPROVAL when cloud fails with a 400 error.
- A card reader error occurs when a P61B terminal switches to credit after Cancel is pressed on the debit PIN prompt screen.
- The format of the tax amount are not correct
- For manual entry SALE transaction, $TRANSACTION.getAction().name() is getting fetched as AUTHORIZE
- Tax toggle is disable on terminal but still terminal calculating the tax
- Error occurred while performing Non-Reference-Refund Transaction in Manual Entry VT and Manual Entry app(P61,P61B,P5)
- Multiple issues in IVU State and Municipal tax
- Unable to perform CASH transactions when tax is toggled on for PUERTO RICO TEST merchant
- IVU-LOTO: Total amount changed in transaction if user update tax amount.
(PRJ) Support for IVU LOTO in Puerto Rico
- IVU-LOTO: Toggle button showed next to uncreated tax.
- When Merchant updates tax values with custom tax and completes the transaction, Tax value are still populated on Terminal App home screen
- The total amount is cropped out on the Charge button in terminal app
- IVU-LOTO: Edit tax screen appear instead of create tax when user setup tax.
- IVU-LOTO: Confirmation popup not appear when user remove tax from Business settings.
- IVU-LOTO: percentage tax not get updated to value to zero $.
- Contact Interac cannot select checking or savings on the Canadian P5
- Unable to do cash trx when no network
- Offline Transaction happening on Puerto Rico Elavon Merchant
- Change card reader config file naming convention to better manage config files based on hardware model, country and special variants like SafeT
- Pay being displayed in the register app on Canada terminals
- Tax On Terminal App > Show breakdown of sale and give merchant ability to toggle on/off tax 1 or tax 2 (not just all taxes)
- Voiding NRR and Authonly during payment flow , does not reset Terminal app
- Voiding a Transaction not showing the "Close" button in Transaction App.
- [Register] Long notes is overlaid with the order id and cut off
- P5 IVU Loto Not Working
- Enabling IVU Loto Tax Prompt
- After a sale is ran in the Terminal App, the previous amount still shows next to Charge
- IVU-LOTO: Auth-only should be disabled for IVU-LOTO supported devices.
- Chip Read Error
- P5 DCC currency screen needs clean up
- Reversal Interac Transactions "REC NOT FOUND" Error
- US - For Debit optimization, pressing Cancel on the pin screen during a debit sale does not switch to credit
- Tax on Terminal - First Tax Amount Not working.
- When communication fails, the merchant screen displays "Processor error" and the custumer's screen display "Authorizing".
- SAF - some adjust transactions missing tip
- Cash trx processing forever , I cant close PF till I do reboot
- Cannot do Manual Entry
- Nexi: Amex cards are not working. Getting error message "Ritirare carta"
AID AutoSelection for NON-REF REFUNDS of DEBIT transactions causing DECLINES
Issue: Card reader stopped responding for about 90 minutes until reboot
- LMI: Device Handling Reversals Incorrectly/Inconsistently
- Ability to edit taxes from within Terminal app when toggle enabled does not show edit toggle on P61, but does on P61B and P5
- Card Number is not showing in terminal pf for DCC Transaction(Elavon devices) .
- Latest captured / refunded transaction cannot be opened in transactions app
Enable card reader shorter power management timeouts for US builds
- Issue with EMV fallback on latest software build
- LMI: Terminal not recognizing once the card is removed, terminal keeps beeping for a couple of seconds.
- Cless reversals of EMV transactions
- Terminal Settlement Report shows the incorrect day (i.e. Thursday instead of Wednesday).
- Poynt 5: In the Settlements App on Poynt 5 terminals, the screens appear right shifted.
- Previously the Settlements App was not checking the form factor; now the app checks the form factor and auto-adjusts the display.
- TSYS Merchants/Settlements 2.0: Data not showing up under "Settlements" in Sales Dashboard in Poynt HQ.
- TSYS merchants on Settlement 2.0: Delay in Settlements - Adjusted transaction logic for publishing to CPA is not completely correct.
- TSYS merchants on Settlement 2.0: Delay in Settlements - Capture transactions with Adjusted flag should require lookup before insert.
- "Merchant: Resolve settlement issues:
- If TID is deactivated, it reactivates a fake TID and settles on that
- If merchant churned, it marks it as unsettable
- If somehow a transaction was missed by sweep (eg a refund by itself), it will settle it."
- Settlement app on the Canadian/PR P5s are off centered
- Whole settlement menu badly displayed
- Web: Settlement app V2 , the error not readable for customer
Ease of Use:
- The Select User Box Keeps popping up randomly. If you login it goes away for a while but comes back.
- (Reduce the number of transactions with missing Employee data). If a transaction does not record employee UserId, and if the latest signed in user exists, then use that user ID; if it doesn't exist, then use the first owner user.
- Settlements Tutorial did not play after Register
- Make 'Skip' button clickable area bigger
- UI on Register tutorial the loader icon keep loading sometimes
- Launch help app from Boynt on Launcher Tutorials Done toggle back to OFF
- Settlement Tutorial v1 lets user select non-settlement menu items
- Transaction Tutorial: Tap this transaction arrow is choppy
- Terminal Tutorial: No Tax on Terminal Has White Bar
- Tutorials on Help: Employee Should Not Be Able to See Tutorials
- Text Changes: Charge Button and instructions
- Tutorial Boynt Dialog should say "Tap here to play your Poynt tutorial."
- Device: Hide Tutorials on Help if User is Employee
- Web Tutorial > Reports Tutorial > Get stuck on Reports Tutorial and "Next"
- Web Tutorial > Account & Settings > Progress Bar doesn't seem accurate > Even after I go through different tabs still has zero circles filled in
- Terminal Tutorials > Register App > Sample Catalog Needs Be Auto-Created/Assigned for
- Test Merchants in Staging and Production
- After setup 2nd device for merchant who previously completed a few tutorials, Boynt icon doesn't show up on 2nd device and disappear on 1st device
- Settlement Tutorial v2 shows success even though settlement failed
- Settlement Tutorial v1 shows success even though settlement failed
- Web Tutorial: While creating Catalog on existing Merchant, it fails after Category is created
- Web Tutorial: Business Settings (1/3) -> When receipt toggle (paper) is OFF, the selectable section moves away and receipt toggles are not accessible
- Web Tutorial: Business Settings (1/3) -> When Tip is ON, its show as OFF in the flow. But when toggle ON, Tip customization is not editable
- Web Tutorial:Reports flow (3/3) -> Unable to see the correct report generated
- Web Tutorial:Reports Flow (3/3) -> Unable to select date range
- Web Tutorial:flow breaking on step 2/3. Merchant coming out of the flow
- Settlements Tutorial: L10N Text Messed Up
- All Tutorial Overview dialog has a blue "e" in "using the <app name here>"
- When register app is idle in middle of tutorial then crashes with the following log:
- Web Tutorials > All > UI/Design Improvements Needed
- Terminal Tutorials > Settlement App > I have transactions to settle, but it says no transactions to settle.
- Settlement v1 tutorial has unexpected UI
- Poynt Tutorial for Settlements
- P5 Canada - Language dropdown in middle of the screen on Choose Receipt screen
- Web Tutorial: Tip message alignment issue on Settlement v1 app tutorial.
- Web Tutorial > Register Tutorial > Ends abruptly after creating an item > Should take you back to Catalog to validate you created an item
- P5 > Settlements Tutorial > Text is right adjusted
- Terminal Tutorials > Home Page > Text next to Boynt should “Tap here to go through Poynt tutorials.”
- Select User Box Keeps popping up.
- Poynt HQ: Print Change Back reports did not show the correct EMV data
Unknown On Reports: One customer's reports were returning "unknown" instead of Employee/User names.
- Transaction Reports Discrepancy: Transactions reports generated for different shifts in one day, doesn't match the transaction report generated for the entire day.
- For Reports, Employee User Name/ID column is showing "Unknown" in some rows. We've fixed one use case - a terminated employee shows up as unknown in historical reports. We still have one other root cause to address which will be fixed in an upcoming release on the terminal side.
- If a merchant downloads a Poynt HQ report as an excel file, they can't sum up the currency cells.
- Number of items sold on reports is a string not a numeric value.
- Tips report is showing refunds as tips collected.
- Email address recorded against customer's card
- Reduce # txns missing employee data
Pre-Installed Poynt Apps & Features:
- If you edit the - terminal log In permissions (i.e. update an employee to manager) - on Poynt HQ (merchant web portal), it does not sync with the terminal.In the Customers tab in Poynt HQ, the information displayed for a specific customer's total number of visits and total amount spent does not match the actual number of visits and total amount spent by that customer, thus giving the merchant incorrect information.
- Poynt HQ: Lodging merchants whom attempted to search using room numbers or folio numbers in the "Stays" search field (i.e. their Transactions list), the search result would say "No Stays Found".
- Fix Universal Search: Now a merchant can search Transactions by: transaction ID, credit card number, names, and dates.
- Poynt HQ Sales Dashboard: One merchant reported that the amount displayed on the sales dashboard on Poynt HQ differs with Transaction and Settlement reports.
- Mobile Poynt HQ: Unable to look up customer's information on the mobile Poynt HQ app
- Register app > prevent situation where we save a transaction id, but the order is not created (this can occur if immediately after the payment fragment closes the terminal shuts down). Now, we will save the order information in the background and create the order and associate it with transaction id. This will ensure every transaction id in the Register app is associated with an order ID. This will also help make reports associated with Register app more accurate (e.g. orders/items report).
- Merchant: Poynt HQ > Store tab > Remove 3rd party paper roll link from the Store tab (our devices take up to 28' rolls and not 30' rolls).
zero tax amount not getting shown on transaction list->transaction summary
- Taxes and Discount are no longer showing in the Summary tab , after making an order
- IVU Loto Tax Descriptions under Business Settings
- Disable editing Tax Descriptions for IVU Loto
- IVU-LOTO : Taxes update at inconsistent interval inside Business Settings.
- IVU-LOTO : Able to edit Tax name for Puerto Rico Merchants.
- IVU-LOTO : Edit tax amount changes unexpectedly for percentage input.
- IVU-LOTO : Deleted tax under Business Settings has toggle instead of setup button.
- Poynt HQ: In the Subscriptions tab on the merchant web portal, if a merchant subscribed to an app and attempted to install the app they subscribed to on their device, they would encounter an error.
- Caching fix in Poynt App Store.
- Italian merchants are still receiving Welcome Email in English rather than Italian.
Merchants whom are using the Poynt beta loyalty program see NaN on some web receipts where Loyalty points should be shown.
- Email Receipt for Polish merchants appearing in English.
- Polish translation amendments based on Polish pilot merchants.
- Translate Welcome Email for Polish Merchants into Polish language
- The support Chat button that used to show up in the Help App is not longer there
- Translation of all Poynt generated emails into Polish (including Welcome Email).
- Polish translations/amendments for customer feedback feature.
- Polish translation of labels for short cut icons when you tap on the search bar on the home screen.
- (Polish) - RNIB PIN Screen > On/Off Toggle is displayed in English.
- (Polish merchants) Polish language translations on terminal.
- (Polish merchants) RNIB PIN Screen > On/Off Toggle is displayed in English.
- Fix Polish translations based on customer feedback.
- PL translations amendments - customer feedback
- Terminal app charge button should say KARTA not ZAPŁAĆ
- 2 hours behind displayed on the terminal