We've made improvements to pre-existing reports based on your feedback (i.e Items, Orders Tips, Taxes). The top changes we've made include:
- Prominent Summary Section: The header section now includes a detailed summary of important information (i.e. Total Items Sold, Total Fees, Total Tips, etc.).
- Category Level Breakdowns: We've included additional category level breakdowns within each report (i.e. tax type, discount type, fee type); previously we were just displaying totals.
- Line item data: Each tax/discount/fee/item is broken out in its own individual row so that merchants can more easily work/leverage the data when they export reports as XLS or CSV files.
- Reporting Accuracy: We've improved the reporting accuracy ( i.e. if an order status is completed but the transaction was refunded, previously we were still treating it as a successful order in tax/item/discount/fee calculations).
We've also created three new reports to make life even easier for merchants who use our Register App:
- Discounts Report: Discounts applied to orders in the Register app now appear in their own separate report: Discounts Report. Previously discounts were bundled into the Orders Report. This new report will include a summary of each type of discount as well as a line item break down of each order in which it was applied.
- Fees Report: Fees also now have their own dedicated report - Fees Report. Previously fees were bundled into the Orders Report. This new report will include a summary of each type of fee as well as a line item break down of each order in which it was applied.
- Taxes Report [Enhanced]: In an upcoming release we will be supporting the ability to create, edit and apply taxes within the Terminal App. In addition to the enhancements we've made to the pre-existing Tax Report, we've also bundled Terminal App taxes within the enhanced Tax Report.This new report will include a summary of each type of tax as well as a line item break down of each order or transaction in which a tax was applied.
For more details on the various reports, click here:
Article is closed for comments.