The bulk upload feature is extremely useful for initially setting up your catalog. There are two templates: one for products with modifiers, and one without modifiers. If you have products with and without modifiers, use the former. Bulk upload files must be in CSV format.
To begin, go to the Products section under Catalog:
Here you will see a list of all products that have been added to your store. You can add products individually, do a bulk upload or do a bulk download of your products.
There are two templates for the upload file: one without modifiers and one with modifiers.
.CSV for Products without Modifiers:
CSV for Products PLUS Modifiers:
Once you have filled out the desired sheets, "Click to Upload" to submit your .CSV file. These products will be then be added to your Catalog.
Things to Note:
- File must in CSV format
- The column headers (shortCode, etc) are mandatory; they must be capitalized per the template. ie: Only the 'C' in shortCode should be capitalized
- If a 'shortCode' is not entered, the system will create one out of the 'name'
- 'sku' is not required, but if you have SKUs, they must be unique.
- Spreadsheet programs will try to be helpful and turn big numbers into exponents. 123456789 will become 1.23E+8 or 123000000. (The spreadsheet thinks you are looking at something like the distance from here to the moon and you don't really need to know about the last few feet)
- If this makes SKUs (123000000, 123000000, 123000000) into duplicates, we will reject the upload or at least the Product.
- 'name' should be unique
- If 'catalog' ("Main" in the example) is left blank, the Products will be added to your poynt.net account, but not to a Catalog. You will be able to see them in the Products list.
- If a category isn't specified, items will be just added to the catalog
- Special characters are not allowed.
- There is no limit to the number of modifiers on a product; however, you can only have up to 20 options within that modifier