Along with the option of uploading your products in one go, we now also offer the ability to download your product list.
Bulk Upload products
The bulk upload feature makes easier and faster the process to start with setting your catalog, products, categories, prices, etc.
In Poynt HQ, click on Catalog link on the left hand side. Select Bulk upload button under the Products tab.
Choose the template which best fits your business needs. Currently, there are two templates: one for products with modifiers, and one without modifiers. Bulk upload files must be in CSV format (make the file format as a note and bold it).
CSV for Products without Modifiers
CSV for Products with Modifiers:
Once you have filled out the desired template, Click to Upload to submit your .CSV file. These products will be added to your Catalog.
Things to Note:
- File must in CSV format
- The column headers (shortCode, etc) are mandatory; They must be capitalized per the template. ie: Only the 'C' in shortCode should be capitalized
- If a 'shortCode' is not entered, the system will create one out of the 'name'
- 'sku' is not required, but if you have SKUs, they must be unique.
- Spreadsheet programs will try to be helpful and turn big numbers into exponents. 123456789 will become 1.23E+8 or 123000000. (The spreadsheet thinks you are looking at something like the distance from here to the moon and you don't really need to know about the last few feet)
- If this makes SKUs (123000000, 123000000, 123000000) into duplicates, we will reject the upload or at least the Product.
- 'name' should be unique
- If 'catalog' ("Main" in the example) is left blank, the Products will be added to your poynt.net account, but not to a Catalog. You will be able to see them in the Products list.
- If a category isn't specified, items will be just added to the catalog
- Special characters are not allowed.
- There is no limit to the number of modifiers on a product; however, you can only have up to 20 options within that modifier.
Bulk download products
The bulk download feature allows you to download all of your products in a specific catalog or all of your products (even those not in a catalog).
In Poynt HQ, click on Catalog link on the left hand side. Select Bulk download button under the Products tab.
To download all of your products inside a specific Catalog, choose the Catalog title. Click on the Download button, right below the Actions link.
Note: You will be downloading individual catalogs and the products inside each one, NOT just a few of them.
Similarly, click on Download all products Tab to download ALL of your products even those out of a Catalog.