Below are some tips to help you get the most out of maintaining and updating your Catalog app.
1. Create your initial Catalog in the Poynt HQ portal - it'll be a lot quicker. Use the bulk upload tool in the HQ portal to upload product names & ids. You can, of course enter in additional products manually, either on the device itself or through Poynt HQ portal.
2. As there can only be one catalog assigned to the terminal at one time, we recommend that you create one catalog and have multiple categories within that catalog. You can have multiple catalogs; however you will have to unassign the old catalog, and assign the new one. This will interrupt the order taking process and decrease efficiency.
3. Multiple catalogs will be optimal if your products are seasonal.
4. Apply taxes to the category as a whole. You can always disable the tax on an item on the Order Details screen, right before processing the payment. Note: This option is NOT available if taxes are not enabled on the catalog/category level.
5. Make sure product and category names do not have special characters in them, only letters and numbers. Special characters will have prevent you from editing/modifying the catalog in the future.
6. You cannot delete a tax if it is currently assigned to a catalog. You have to unassigned it from the catalog before deleting it.
7. Remember you can Refresh the Register app when changes are done, in this way your catalog should keep loaded and updated in this way.
Article is closed for comments.