A common issue merchants will call in with is their terminal not powering on or holding charge, even if it has been docked or plugged in for a significant amount of time.
Have the merchant circle through the following steps:
- Step 1: Place the unit on the docking station.
- Step 2: Hold the power button for roughly 30 seconds and release. This ensures that all power has been cut from the device.
- Step 3: Power the device on again.
- If the device is still not turning on or holding a charge, then walk the Merchant through the following steps:
- Step 1: Place on dock or connect to power for 5 minutes.
- Step 2: If the LED light turns on, try turning the device on by holding the power button down for 3 seconds.
- If the LED light didn't turn on, check that the power plugs are not loose and the the outlet itself is working. If the outlet is working, try turning the device on again by holding the power button for 3 seconds.
- Step 3: If the device still doesn't power on, try a hard power reset by holding the power button down for 45 seconds.
- Step 4: If the device still doesn't turn on, try connecting it a power source via mini USB power cable (for P61 V1 and V2 only).
- Step 5: If you see a LED light, this means there is an issue with the dock. Switch out the docking station and try powering the device on again.
- If there is no LED light, this is a hardware issue and the unit will have to be swapped out. You can then initiate the RMA process.