If your Poynt terminal will not power on or charge even after leaving it docked for a significant amount of time, please perform a hard power reset test:
Step 1: If the device still doesn't power on, check that the charging pins are not damaged/bent, and all power sources are plugged in securely: power block is plugged into the wall socket and the block itself, and the cable from the power block to the back of the docking station. Make sure the device is placed in the dock properly (the power cord should come out towards you rather than the merchant).
Step 2: Place the device on the docking station. Hold the power button for roughly 30 seconds and release. This ensures that all power has been cut from the device. Try to power on the device again.
Step 3: If the device still isn't charging, wait for about 30 minutes (it might be completely dead).
Step 4: If the device still doesn't turn on, it might have to be replaced entirely. Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate the return process. Include the Business Name, email and Merchant ID to expedite the request.
Here are a few questions to ask yourself when troubleshooting:
1) Check Wall Plug and Socket! Is the cable plugged into the socket correctly?
2) Check cable coming from the wall to the power brick?
3) Is the Power brick lit green?
4) is the cable going from the Power Brick to the Dock plugged into the dock securely?
5) Is the terminal docked correctly?
6) Is the Dock Pins undamaged?
7) Is the Terminal light on the upper right of the Poynt Terminal lit? What Color? Purple = device is booting, Red = critical low battery, yellow = low battery and green = significant battery.