The bulk upload feature is extremely useful for initially setting up your catalog. There are two templates: one for products with modifiers, and one without modifiers. Bulk upload files must be in a CSV format.
In Poynt HQ, click on Catalog link on the left hand side. Bulk upload option is located under the Products tab.
Choose the template which best fits you. For the most part, you will almost always have modifiers. Once you have filled out the template, save it as a CSV file and upload it.
CSV for Products without Modifiers:
CSV for Products PLUS Modifiers:
Things to Note:
- File must in CSV format
- The column headers (shortCode, etc) are mandatory; They must be capitalized per the template. ie: Only the 'C' in shortCode should be capitalized
- If a 'shortCode' is not entered, the system will create one out of the 'name'
- 'sku' is not required, but if you have SKUs, they must be unique.
- Spreadsheet programs will try to be helpful and turn big numbers into exponents. 123456789 will become 1.23E+8 or 123000000. (The spreadsheet thinks you are looking at something like the distance from here to the moon and you don't really need to know about the last few feet)
- If this makes SKUs (123000000, 123000000, 123000000) into duplicates, we will reject the upload or at least the Product.
- 'name' should be unique
- If 'catalog' ("Main" in the example) is left blank, the Products will be added to your poynt.net account, but not to a Catalog. You will be able to see them in the Products list.
- If a category isn't specified, items will be just added to the catalog
- Special characters are not allowed
To see details on how to use the bulk upload tool in the previous layout of Poynt HQ, click here.