Question: How to force a reset card reader?
Why: These steps are used to fix card reader issues like:
- Card Reader Disabled
- Card Reader Timing Out
- Card Reader stuck on initializing
1) Power up the terminal by pressing and holding the power button for 3 seconds
2) Once the device has booted, Click on Diagnostics.
3) Click on 3 dots icon.
4) Click on Poynt Settings.
5) Click on About.
6) Click on PoyntOS Version 10 times.
7) Enter the password 157953 then enter.
8) Click on the [ < ] icon to POYNT SETTINGS page.
9) Click on Developer Preferences.
10) Click on Payment Firmware.
11) Under Payment Firmware menu in the Reset menu, click on Install and confirm by clicking on OK.
This process is designed to reset the card reader only. Do not select any other options.