The following enhancements were released to Poynt merchants in March 2019.
1. Enable/Disable Ethernet on Device: for devices beginning with P61 in the serial number, we’ve created a new Ethernet Network Settings page for easy access and quick set up. On this page you can now set Ethernet to ON or OFF mode so that even when your Ethernet cable is plugged into your docking station, you can control whether or not you want your terminal to connect via Ethernet or WiFi. This makes for more a more seamless experience since your terminal will no longer automatically switch from ethernet to wifi when you dock and undock your terminal.
2. PIN Screen: We've updated the design of our PIN screens for improved readability.
3. Card Preference Type: this feature now allows Resellers to set card preference type for debit-enabled merchants:
(1) Debit preferred: if a customer presents a US debit chip card, the transaction will be processed as debit.
(2) Credit preferred: if a customer presents a US debit chip card, the transaction will be processed as credit.
*For both types, customers may be asked to enter a PIN if their US debit chip card is PIN enabled.*
(Disclaimer: debit-enabled merchants should contact their Resellers to see if the above feature applies to their account.)
As part of our releases, we also include fixes for merchant reported issues. If you would like to know if your specific issue was resolved in this release, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.