How do I troubleshoot Wi-Fi issues?
Notice that there are two known wi-fi issues:
- If Wi-Fi On/Off toggle does not turn on, this is an automatic swap. Modem defect. Android does not recognize the defected modem.
- If Wi-Fi turns on but has no wi-fi network available for selection or have few networks compared with any other smart devices. Automatic swap. Antenna cable disconnected from the motherboard.
What does red or yellow triangle icon at the top mean?
- A red triangle icon = device unable to connect to the internet within the last 15 minutes.
- A yellow triangle icon = device experienced slow or inconsistent network connectivity within the last 15 minutes.
Yellow or red triangle in the upper right-hand corner.
- Unable to process transactions.
- PC5: Network Error
- During a transaction, after tapping "Charge", the device displays "Authorizing" message with spinning circle for an extended period of time.
- Place the device on the docking station.
- From the Home Screen, tap on Help icon > Diagnostics.
- Tap the first test - WIFI CONNECTION
- If test = red x,
- Go to Wi-Fi Settings
- Confirm Wi-Fi is toggled ON and the device is connected to the location's Wi-Fi
If it does not say "Connected", tap on the Wi-Fi network and enter password and tap on "Connect"
- Once connected to Wi-Fi, go back to Diagnostics > Tap on first test - WIFI CONNECTION, and Tap on the third test - CAN REACH POYNT SERVERS
- If both tests = green check mark, run a test transaction
- If both tests = red x, contact Poynt Technical Support.
- If first test WIFI CONNECTION = green check mark, but the third test CAN REACH POYNT SERVERS = red x, contact Poynt Technical Support.
B. If connecting via Ethernet:
- Place the device on the docking station
- If the device is properly connected to ethernet via a docking station, an ethernet icon is visible in the upper right-hand corner
- If no ethernet icon is visible, tap on Help icon > Diagnostics
- Tap on the fifth test DOCK
- If test = green check mark, then make sure the ethernet cable is properly plugged in (outer left port)
- If the ethernet icon is visible, tap the third test CAN REACH POYNT SERVERS
- If test = green check mark, run test transaction
- It test = red x, contact Poynt Technical Support.
Article is closed for comments.