The following enhancements were released to Poynt merchants in April. Let's dive in.
1. Suggested Apps in Search | When you launch the search bar anywhere on the device, we’ll offer some Suggested Apps for quick access. After entering your search query, we’ll narrow that list of Apps to the ones that are relevant to that search. Tap the icon and we’ll open up the screen within the app for you.
2. Enhanced Settings on the Device | We’ve added some key Business Settings to your Poynt device so that, as an owner, you may access and adjust if necessary. These settings include the ability to manage employees, customize the tips prompted to your customers, adjust your notification settings, and update store contact information.
To access, go to Settings > Business Settings on your device.
3. Register Enhancements | We've made a few improvements to the ways you create discounts and fees and add them to an order in the Register app.
Adding Order-Level Discounts or Fees
In your Register app, you’ll now see a separate button for Discounts and for Fees. These enable you to add a Discount or Fee to the entire order. After tapping the Discounts or Fees button, a newly designed modal will appear.
Under Preset, you’re able to select from order-level discounts you created in the Catalog app. Selecting Custom will allow you to create a custom discount on the fly to apply to the entire order.
Selecting the Edit icon to the left of the item will open this modal (right).
Here you may edit:
- Edit Modifiers (if applicable)
- The Item’s Quantity
- Enable or Disable Item-Level Taxes
- Add a Preset or Custom Discount
- Add a Preset or Custom Fee
- Add a Note
Once your edits are complete, select Update. These changes will be reflected in the Order Details and may be seen on the customer receipt.
Please sign in to leave a comment.