New Updates for Poynt merchants – September 2016
A) SMS Text Receipts:
Customers may now choose to receive Receipts via SMS / Text. When the customer has completed the payment transaction flow, the following Receipt options will appear:
Please note that standard text messaging rates may apply for the customer depending on mobile plans.
B) Updated design for Payment Transaction Flow:
Merchants will see a newly designed Payment Transaction flow. We’ve simplified the button/actions to allow you to quickly and easily choose options. New design includes:
Choosing payment type buttons:
- Go to the Terminal App and tap in Amount to be charged.
- Tap on the right-hand side drop-down to see possible options.
- Tap on ‘Notes’ to enter any custom notes.
- Go to Terminal App > left-side navigation > Tap Transaction List.
- Tap on a Transaction to view Transaction Details.
- Tap on Notes to view any previously entered custom notes.
- Tap on Receipt to re-print a receipt.
C) New External Accessory Support for Network Printers:
Merchants who would like to set up an external network printer can now add the following network printers through Accessory Manager:
- Star SP700
- Star TSP100Lan
- Connect the network printer to your router following instructions provided with the network printer.
- Follow instructions to print out a receipt with the IP Address information.
- From the Poynt Smart Terminal, swipe down and tap Settings > Accessory Manager.
- Tap on green button ‘Add network accessory’.
- Tap ‘Printer’ and choose the specific model.
- Enter the IP address from the printed network setup information.
- Tap ‘Confirm’ when entered.
- Run a test print to ensure network printer was successfully added.
D) Poynt Terminal – Printer Preferences:
Merchants may now set default preferences for External and Poynt printer configurations. You may choose to:
- Turn off printing of any receipts to the built-in Poynt Printer (uncheck all)
- Turn on all printing to an External Printer (ie Star TSP100)
- If External Printer is not detected / disconnected, you can choose the default to “fall back” and print to Poynt Printer (recommended)
Note: Order receipt, Item receipt, and Customer receipt are specific to Register App order print options. Payment receipt is the standard receipt that is printed from Terminal App.
E) Poynt.net updates – Transaction List and Customer List:
Merchants using the Poynt.net HQ web portal can now use new filters to review transactions in the Transactions List.
- Log in to poynt.net.
- Click on Sales & Reports > Transactions.
- Transactions may be filtered by:
- Payment Status (eg Authorized, Captured, Refunded, Voided, Declined)
- Payment Type (eg Credit, Cash, Other)
- You may also choose to view transactions for a specific day.
Merchants using the Poynt.net HQ web portal have an updated view for Customer List. You can now use new filters to review customer visits.
- Log in to poynt.net.
- Click on Sales & Reports > Customers.
- Customer visits may be filtered by:
- Last Seen, First Seen, Total Amount spent
- You can also click on any Customer row to view more details about that customer, including:
- Total Spent, Number of Visits, and Average Spend
Article is closed for comments.