The Poynt terminals are capable of connecting with a phone hotspot. However this is not recommended for two reasons. First, download and upload speeds are inconsistent with a hotspot. Second, the connection with a hotspot is not PCI compliant as it is not as secure as a secured wifi connection.
Articles in this section
- How do I connect my Poynt device via Ethernet?
- How do I use the Poynt navigation bar?
- How do I connect my Poynt device to a Wifi Connection?
- Configuring and connecting Poynt device via 3G Mobile Network
- How to configure 3G/APN settings to enable cellular connection.
- How do I disable the printer on my Smart Terminal?
- How do I access settings on my terminal?
- Customize the Customer Screen
- How do I change the time and date settings on my device?
- How do I ensure my terminals and apps are up to date?