The Poynt terminals are capable of connecting with a phone hotspot. However this is not recommended for two reasons. First, download and upload speeds are inconsistent with a hotspot. Second, the connection with a hotspot is not PCI compliant as it is not as secure as a secured wifi connection.
Articles in this section
- How do I access settings on my terminal?
- Customize the Customer Screen
- How do I change the time and date settings on my device?
- How do I use the Poynt navigation bar?
- How to connect to the Wifi, Ethernet or through a 3G connection?
- Can I connect my Poynt Terminal to a HotSpot?
- How do I Switch a User
- How do I change my daily maintenance window?
- How do I update my address on the printed receipt?
- Settings: Wake, Power, or Reboot